• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1845c quick attach handles won’t stay open...

climb.on

Been have issues with the quick attach staying up on my 2000 Case 1845c. I just lubed it up real well and the thing just falls down enough where I can’t disconnect the attachment.
It will snap down, lock and stay locked nicely as it should.

Here’s a video of what is happening:

In the video, I lift the handle and gravity makes it fall back down. I can push it further to snap it all the way down and lock in place.

I just can’t seem to figure out which parts would be worn out here. Replacing them all is $380 for aftermarket parts and over $700 for dealer parts. Hell just the springs are $80, so I want to be reasonably sure that I’m replacing parts that will fix the problem and not just guessing.

Ed ke6bnl

On my 1840 the latch seems to goes much further and over center. Can you continue to push the lever further. Those smaller springs should collapse some

climb.on

Ok that’s interesting, I’ll look and see if there’s a way to get the handles to go up more. If I can get them past vertical, that would do it.

Ed ke6bnl

Ok that’s interesting, I’ll look and see if there’s a way to get the handles to go up more. If I can get them past vertical, that would do it.
When I first got my 1840 I could not get one down and it was full of junk I cleaned and greased it and it works now. also carry a small tube to put over the bars for a little additional leverage to get the bar down on occassion.

Zipp0

Solved!

I had the same problem and messed around with cleaning and greasing etc - no fix...

I was using tarp straps to hold the handles up (less than optimal)

I bought a replacement set from ebay ($150 each or so) As I tinkered - I tried to see if I could get away with just new springs.. nope - everything is worn out - I pretty much replaced all the bits and everything works! Phew