• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1845C Drive Problem

rustytracks

Hello, new to this forum. I have searched the forum and found some posts with sort of this issue but no clear resolution.

Problem is it will constantly and suddenly stop moving but if I either throttle down to an idle very quickly or shut off and re-start then all drive power comes back. I can move it around and turn at idle no problem but anything above a slower idle it will at some point stop moving - even worse and faster at high RPM. Has anyone had this same problem and figured it out? Attached pics of the tandem drive pump in this machine. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200607_184941.jpg
    IMG_20200607_184941.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20200607_185014.jpg
    IMG_20200607_185014.jpg
    742.7 KB · Views: 23

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Welcome to HEF @rustytracks
I would be taking a close look at the pump input shaft / drive coupling.
It could be possible that the spline is worn & only driving with minimal torque from the engine??

That oil leak coming from the servo should be getting repaired as well..... :rolleyes:
Hydraulic oil level is correct?

rustytracks

The coupling and shaft is good. It does need that top seal replaced and oil is good, just replaced it It just quits moving suddenly and won't do anything until I "reset it" sort of speaking then it will operate no problem. I can shut the key off and turn it back on before the engine shuts off completely and then it will move again. It like it needs to lose most of the pressure somewhere to get the pressure back if that makes sense, resetting a valve or something? The loader functions are fine but then again that is a separate hydraulic system.

rustytracks

Posting update with now a new problem. I had the tandem pump assembly rebuilt and the charge pump was causing the original problem. It works fine forward but surges in reverse. In reverse it loses power then comes right back then loses and comes back over and over again. Also I think the right motor may be a little weaker as it will drift to the right forward or reverse. Adjusting makes no difference so far. Any thoughts other than pulling the motors and going through them? Thanks