• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1840 Serial Number to Year manufactured

Cajun1986

Just bought a Case 1840 with a PIN JAF0100939. It was sold as a 2001 model. I suspect it is older. I can I find out what year this serial numbered skid steer was manufactured?

Goose

That serial number is coming up as a 1993. Just a little older than you thought.

Cajun1986

Probably safe to say it doesn't really have 2700 hours. Hour meter missing. Hope the fact that it starts and runs well is a good sign.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Brown cab means it's a 94 or older. It also will have a two piece lab bar. 1995 and newer were dk grey cab and the one piece lap bar.

Welder Dave

The 2 piece lap bars are a joke. Just put on to say there was a restraint. I'm sure glad I had a full lap bar when I tipped forward on a dump truck in my skid steer. Not a Case but I drove an 1845 with the 2 piece lap bar. They wouldn't hold you in very well.