• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1840 right side half speed in forward only.

OMH

This is my first post so let me know if this is in the wrong place.

I just picked up a case 1840 with around 1400 hours. Everything seems to work how it should other than the right side moves significantly slower than the left in forwards only. In reverse everything seems to work how it should. It does not feel week on the right side. When moving slow it has plenty of power or at least seems to. It almost feels as if the right side is governed. When you get about halfway through the throw on the right hand lever there is nothing left after that point(the lever moves the full distance).

I've gone through all the linkages I can find And tightend them the right side was loose in alot of places(maybe on purpose) but that didn't help the actual problem.
Am I missing something or is this a catastrophic pump issue? I don't know a ton about these pumps other than what I have read on here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dave5349

having exact same issue on 1845 c. same side too. improved slightly when I replaced grease zerk and topped off planetary grease on that size, but did not go away completely. checking linkages next.. unlike yours it maxes out in forward in just about the same relative position as the right side control so I'm thinking it is a linkage issue.
did you ever figure out what it was?

OMH

having exact same issue on 1845 c. same side too. improved slightly when I replaced grease zerk and topped off planetary grease on that size, but did not go away completely. checking linkages next.. unlike yours it maxes out in forward in just about the same relative position as the right side control so I'm thinking it is a linkage issue.
did you ever figure out what it was?
No not yet. I havent had the time to pull the pump out. I cant find anything else wrong.