• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1840 Hydraulic Pump

apetad

Occupation
Compact Construction Equipment Sales
Regarding the butt splices, One of the worst problem areas on 1845C/1840 was the wiring harness connections between the rops and the engine, designed to "unplug" when rolling the rops forward for access, 100's of start problems seeing one person wiggling the harness while the other turns ignition switch, also many instances of jumping at the starter DANGEROUS PROCEDURE. Sooooooooooo, the guy that put all those butt connectors in place might have done you a GREAT FAVOR!!!!!

Tuck66

Regarding the butt splices, One of the worst problem areas on 1845C/1840 was the wiring harness connections between the rops and the engine, designed to "unplug" when rolling the rops forward for access, 100's of start problems seeing one person wiggling the harness while the other turns ignition switch, also many instances of jumping at the starter DANGEROUS PROCEDURE. Sooooooooooo, the guy that put all those butt connectors in place might have done you a GREAT FAVOR!!!!!
Many thks sir..
Yes your so right...so,I re-did almost all the harness..update few plugs too.
Used soldering, shrink tube,wire loom and snap ties.Die-electric grease on plugs. Shes all good now for another 20 yrs:) Night switch & fuel solenoid kill also.Even mechanical water temp.
I also was lucky enough to Just get orginal parts and service manuals. With all the factory updates.
Really appreciate all the wisdom you wiser ppl share.Many thks :)

Last edited:

StuccoMan209

Hi Tuck I know this is an old thread but those parts from the hub were they dealer bought or after market in having the same issue, thanks

Tuck66

Hi Tuck I know this is an old thread but those parts from the hub were they dealer bought or after market in having the same issue, thanks
Yes,I bought direct from my Case dealer..i also drilled out the 1" inspection plug,& installed grease fitting :)

Tuck66

Glad it worked out, thanks for the feed back on what fixed it!
You wont belive this, buddy put 50hrs on my machine..I just got it back.did quick check up...Right side pump ,the new Gr8 bolt broken...:(
I cant fiqure out why?
All other bolts appear in place and tight...very puzzled here:(