• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1840 Hydraulic Pump

Tuck66

20190330_170353.jpg Hello Gang..Newbie here...
I have bunch different iron..
New Project today,1997 Case 1840

Just off lowbed...now tore apart..I see wierd Mark's,from possible washers/bolts..Cant tell if supposed have bolts here, or from inside? Can anyone assist with this pls?
Also pair Elec soliends20190330_170353.jpg without wiring,,not sure there application?

Tuck66

20190330_170515.jpg 20190330_170515.jpg Switch ok then.thx...
But I'm lil worried that 2 bolts may have sheared off?
Pump.is also bolted underneath still..

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Probably a low pressure warning switch that is supposed to light in the control panel when pressure is low to warn of pump failure or the likes, wonder why it is disconnected???

TVA

Probably a low pressure warning switch that is supposed to light in the control panel when pressure is low to warn of pump failure or the likes, wonder why it is disconnected?

It’s on the drive, hydrostatic pump, right at the end of servo piston, if there’s another like that on the other side then it’s max. Displacement switch, but more likely it is backup alarm switch.
This machine uses mechanical drive control so pilot circuit and servo piston is not used.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
First off yes you are missing bolts and washers. Hard to tell from camera angle but pump may be rotated away from holes. Holes on either side should be level.
1840 bolts.png
Bolts and washers are taged red in above picture.

Good place to look for parts info on Case 1840 is:
https://partstore.caseih.com
Helps to know your S/N.

Also if planing on keeping this machine I would suggest checking online for a service manual, can't vouch for anyone in particular but do see them from $30.00 to around $100.00, might sound like a lot of money but if knowing the correct information saves you damaging one part it could pay for itself on one repair

TVA

Nope. Wired in parallel. Either reverse circuit sees pressure, backup alarm activates.
I don’t think it is pressure switch, this pumps has mechanical controls and pilot circuit not used.

heymccall

I've got a new switch in tool drawer on my truck. Usially, they stick on, leaving alarm on constant. Only have (had) 4 Case 1845 with same pumps. I can assure you that that switch is for a backup alarm.

Tuck66

First off yes you are missing bolts and washers. Hard to tell from camera angle but pump may be rotated away from holes. Holes on either side should be level.
View attachment 194715
Bolts and washers are taged red in above picture.

Good place to look for parts info on Case 1840 is:
https://partstore.caseih.com
Helps to know your S/N.

Also if planing on keeping this machine I would suggest checking online for a service manual, can't vouch for anyone in particular but do see them from $30.00 to around $100.00, might sound like a lot of money but if knowing the correct information saves you damaging one part it could pay for itself on one repair
That's awesome. Many thks.yes does possibly appear vertical bolts in, but your diaphragm shows horizontal into bell housing..guess I'm pulling pump.soon:(..i have small old well used manual..new 1is on wish list too.
Thks bunch for all info

Tuck66

Switch is backup alarm switch. One on reverse circuit of each pump.
Well that makes sense now..it has funny after market micro switch,now on shaft when you push levers backwards.with a workin alarm too..:)
Appreciate info,thk u:)

Tuck66

Next weekend I get to try replace the serpentine belt...Any one have short cut secrets to share?
Goin be lota fun tryin to pull crankshaft pump, squeeze belt in..starter & alternator goin for quick rebuild,so have few days to complete. You guys rock,thx!