• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1835c blowing smoke when idle is raised runs rough please helppp

So I have this case 1835C with a continental TMD20. 3 cylinder diesel I was using it for about two hours when all of the sudden I saw a lot of black smoke coming out of the tailpipe I checked the fuel I replaced the air filters and the fuel filters still doing the same thing I bought new injectors still doing the same thing I got the injection pump rebuilt still having the same issue if I crack the fuel line at the number one injector while it is running with a high idle the smoke goes away To me the smoke looks black the back of the machine is all black the oil level didn’t really go down but today in the sunlight it almost looks like a bluish smoke however when I crack that injector line only on number one cylinder the smoke goes away so I’m thinking it’s a fuel issue is there something I’m missing?

Attachments

• E458ECF3-87DA-463E-8B62-AD4972DD7697.jpeg
    E458ECF3-87DA-463E-8B62-AD4972DD7697.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 13
To add.. when machine is off if i remove one of the little fuel hoses that are inline with injectors i get a steady flow. Is that normal when machine is off?

fastline

YUP! That is exactly where I was headed! Black smoke is usually a lack of air. Might want to check pushrod to ensure it isn't bent.