• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1835B for dummies

JD9

I purchased an= 1835B from an auction. I know little about it and have no manuals. Gas powered engine sounds good. Travels pretty well I think. Problem When raising bucket it dumps and will not come up until it is lowered. I know I have one leaky hydraulic line but I filled fluids. Would this still happen just because line leaks or am I looking for something else? Any suggestions on manuals appreciated.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Don't quote me but>> isn't THAT a "return to dig" adjustment.??
Theres ahelluvalot smarter people on here than me, so I'd wait for them to chime in..

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
Welcome to HEF @JD9
If the hydraulic fluid that is leaking is associated with the bucket tilt circuit - that could be your problem......
Regardless, if it's leaking oil that should be fixed ASAP - then you can think about repairing the tilt.
Once you fix the leak give us more information re the fault - if it still exists.
  • What speed is the bucket falling forward? Is it a quick movement or slow one?
  • Does it fall forward with the engine stopped as well?
  • When you say "it will not come up until it is lowered" does that mean
    • the bucket will not roll back while it is in the raised position using the the control lever?
    • has to hit the ground & then it rolls back using the weight of the machine
    • OR as the loader is lowered you are able to roll the bucket back using the control lever BEFORE it hits the ground.