• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case 1830 oil leak

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
@Guinter810 The picture you attached shows a very different set up than what I recall to be standard on the 1835B.
Is the engine diesel or gasoline? Case 188? or has the original engine been replaced with a Perkins maybe?

There would usually be a CV joint made up of two universal crosses.
Either way the easiest way to replace the input shaft seal at the tandem pump on that model is by removing the engine.
OR at least moving the engine away enough to remove the coupling & gain access to the seal.

1835B engine mounting.png

Guinter810

It’s a 148G gas engine, 4 cylinder. Thank you for your reply, I don’t appear to have any u-joints between the engine and pump. I found a parts explosion on Messick’s page. I’d imagine there may be either a shaft issue or shaft bearing issue. I’m at least prepared to replace them. I found a local guy who owns a equipment repair shop that is going to do the job for me at a reasonable price. Dropping the machine off and he’s handling everything.

Old Doug

I hope you keep use informed on the repair. It could help some one out some day.