• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1737 Uniloader Drive belt replacement

topfli8979

Anyone ever replaced the drive belt on the case 1737? I got the rear pulley free to put the belt over it, but can fit the new belt under the lower drive pulley? Any help is appreciated.

topfli8979

Anyone ever replaced the drive belt on the case 1737? I got the rear pulley free to put the belt over it, but CAN't fit the new belt under the lower drive pulley? Any help is appreciated.

Sorry, I cant get the new belt under the pulley on the drive. Not enough space between the pulley and frame to slide it in.

Jeepwalker

Are you saying the belt protrudes above the pulley? How much clearance is there between the pulley and frame? Do you think anything could have shifted or rubber mounts have compressed over the years and that's why the clearance is so minimal? Or maybe the belt is the wrong thickness and rides too high. Just thinking out loud here...

topfli8979

I got the belt on finally, loosened gearbox enough to be able to lift it and slide belt under.

Belt is installed but seems to be at a slight angle??? Is there any adjustment for this.

Attachments

• IMG_20160907_171833719.jpg
    IMG_20160907_171833719.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 106

DIYDAVE

I'd bet that the top pulley can be moved, the pulleys should line up exactly straight, take a string or straightedge, and use to align...:D