• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case 160

Reuben

Does anyone have any experience with a Case 160. I am in the market for a 160-170 size machine and I never ever even considered case but the case dealer came back with the best deal yet. Let me know what you guys think of those machines.

Colorado Digger

i would buy a case no problem. but then again, i have all link belts. i think the difference is cummins vs. izuzo and maybe a bit better cab.

roddyo

Occupation
Manipulator of the Planet
160 Case

I love mine. It has a lot of power and is a very comfortable machine to run. If you want a Cummins Engine your going to have to stick with a 2005 or maybe an 06 Model. If you are going to buy a newer model look at the 160 B Case or 160 X2 Link Belt. They both run the same Engines now. The B Model Case and X2 Series Link Belt have A LOT more power than a regular 160.:usa

roddyo

Occupation
Manipulator of the Planet
108" Stick

What size stick do you have on yours

Mine has a 108" stick.

As far as the Case Machines go I'm running a 2005 CX160 with 2800 Hours right now. Before it I was running a 2004 Case CX210 with 5700 Hours. I have been Happy with both machines.

BTW, I sold my CX210 Locally to a friend of mine who is also my compition. Not really, he works on one side of town and I work on the other.:D Every time he sees me he tells me what a good machine it is. It has to have close to 7,000 Hours on it now. I think his only repair has been a injector pump at 6,000+ Hours.