• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Case 1550 Dozer

Cat 236

Occupation
Excavating Company
I recently acquired a 1993 1550 Case Dozer with Ripper and it is in excellant condition I believe it is an Air Port Dozer that sat around a lot doing nothing at some remote strip here in Alaska. Everything, moter, steering, Hydralics are fine. The one thing though is it will not travel very fast maybe 2 MPH or so where as the op manual says it will travel about 6 mph. Anyone out there have any ideas on this problem? Thanks Cat 236 Alaska

Randy88

Does the lever travel the full distance forward and reverse? and have you looked under the seat at the linkage to see it moves as well the full travel? I"ve been around them briefly and run them just about as much, they are a hydro machine more or less and on the one I was around they had a V for the shifting pattern is this machine the same way? Does it lug under a load and push like it should up to the 2 mph?

Goose

If the speed is variable through the control lever range I would guess the drive motors are locked in slow speed. The pumps are variable and the motors have three steps to the speed. Slow speed, fast speed and ,max speed. I cant remember what controls the motors to shift speed though but I can check into that tomorrow at work and let you know.