• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Carlson Grade

Occupation
CONSTRUCTION SURVEYOR
Has anyone here used or demoed carlson grade either indicate or automated with moba? I have a couple contractors using it with topcon for gps. Its has been a bit cheaper to get started with and for a indicate only system it is my preference.

Laser

I have seen this system at the carlson user conference. Carlson and Agtek are great software companies...(enough said) You should steer towards Topcon or Trimble for machine equipment.

gps blades

gps dozers

Hi just joined and new to this site. I have a background with the gps systems and have used the Carlson grade product on cat d11 carry dozers in Australia. It depends on what you want it to do. The biggest problem holding back the gps is having someone who understands to operators needs and not the design office needs. The second is getting the data in and out of the machine at a price that’s not going to sink the cost saving gained from the use of the gps.