• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Carco winch

Puffie40

I just wanted to necro this thread for a note about what I found about this winch model when looking for a winch for our D6D.

The Carco F50PS winches require a external hydraulic pump to operate the hydraulic clutch - most installs run a gear pump off the fan belt. The newer generation of winch, the Carco 60s, have an internal hydraulic pump instead.

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
yes totally correct. Same with Hyster winchs. W6F has internal hyydraulics; W6E and all D6C/D/E winchs need an external pump and plumbing for winch

hd16b

Occupation
Farmer by name and trade
Merv, Have you ever seen a sliding gear carco on an AC machine with a powershift and modulating clutch? That is what I am planning to do to one of my 16s, I think it will work great because what you have is just a clutch between the engine and torque converter. My father hd11ep has the carco F7 winch on it and we use it just like you said.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
I'm going to install a 34K Tulsa, or 30K Braden winch on the rear of my 11B and drive it with a hydraulic motor and soft start solenoid valve. I have everything acquired already except cable, and a fairlead. It may look like an abomination when installed, but should be functional mostly for self extraction, skidding felled trees, etc.

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
Merv, Have you ever seen a sliding gear carco on an AC machine with a powershift and modulating clutch? That is what I am planning to do to one of my 16s, I think it will work great because what you have is just a clutch between the engine and torque converter. My father hd11ep has the carco F7 winch on it and we use it just like you said.
Yes have seen Carco G80SG on a HD16DP, and a J10 on a HD21P. Sliding gear winch works on them because there is no drive thru the converter until the PTO slot on gear shift lever is engaged to allow drive thru modulating clutch to the converter.