• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

can't breathe...send rain!

xkvator

It's becoming a dust bowl out here if you have to travel over an area countless times!

PSDF350

Dont know how to send it. But if you want to come pick it up i would buy you a beer while your here. Just make sure to bring extra truck to take some mud back with you.

xkvator

we are really dry in s.w. pa. - they've had rain about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs north of here, but i can't remember the last time we had substantial rainfall. might of got a couple 10 min. ones last week or so.
i had to quit working on a project cause of the dust...my friend was in a skidsteer with a respirator on and was totally covered with dust/sweat

PSDF350

That sucks. Wish there was some happy medium. Becuase we are over our yearly average for precip here. Somewhere close too if not over 40" allready. Yearly average is like 36".

norrodbh

Getting some rain today.

I know what you mean. I did a job last week, and was backdragging about 75 yard runs with the skidsteer. I put a hugh dust cloud in the air, and then when I stopped, it caught up with me each time. I have about a .25" of dust all over me and my face except for the handkerchief I had over my mouth and nose. The sweat on my arms turned it to a nice mud cake.

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
Shake up a can of beer and spray it around to keep the dust down. LOL

no dust here, ever

xkvator

Dwan Hall said:
Shake up a can of beer and spray it around...
:eek: it's a big sin to waste beer around here...besides, it rained enough today to knock the dust down :)

D10R

Occupation
groundskeeper
If ya want some rain, I'll send ya all you can handle, just as soon as I master controlling nature. maybe a few rain dances will work for ya too. I'll let ya come on down and pick up some rain in person if ya want, I got plenty of it, so take as much as ya want.

chipsearthworks

Occupation
self employed
xkvator said:
It's becoming a dust bowl out here if you have to travel over an area countless times!

I am sure if you went down to the Gulf States especilly New Orleans they would be more then happy to give you some of there surplus water.