• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

can anyone tell me what I have? Mini X

jbanderson

Occupation
cocacola
I bought this last year and im looking to sell it.. but I cant find any information it. It has been painted before and it has all japan wrighting on it.
Its a 3 cylinder isuzu
It says sumitomo s85ux on it but I cant find anything on it, no manuals or specs or anything at all.
Thanks
miniexcavator12.jpg

miniexcavator11.jpg

miniexcavator9.jpg

miniexcavator8.jpg

miniexcavator7.jpg

hvy 1ton

I don't have anything for you, but did guess it being a sumitomo, having an izuzu motor in it and all. Most of the excavators that old that are still kicking around are a lot bigger than that little guy, its function of initial cost or something. Info is going to be scarce, since it's old, small, and gray market.

One thing to look into would be a similar Link-Belt model. I'm not sure how far back Link-belt excavators are connected to Sumitomo, but that might be something others can speak to.

jbanderson

Occupation
cocacola
thanks, i guess im pretty much screwed lol.
Nobody will buy it without some info on it but I dont have any. I just know it works good and ive put 500 hours on it in the last 7 months.

jbanderson

Occupation
cocacola
if anyone else has any info i would apreciate it.
Would there be any numbers on the block that are english so i can figure out what HP it is?

reaper020

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
In 1991, the firm entered a joint venture with Sumitomo of Japan to produce excavators. The venture ended in 1998

jbanderson

Occupation
cocacola
wow thanks.. iv ebeen spending about 2 hourso nt he comupter everyday and i cant even find so much as a picture of one like mine. That 75 is larger than my 85 lol.
Thanks for the info though I havent found that much