• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Calibrating an eye level

Palmer78

This isn't a laser question, but I want to calibrate my eye level but I don't know how. Can someone talk me through the process? Thanks in advance.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
its pretty simple. You have to find two know level marks say 25 yards apart, one can just be a grade stake the other is best if its a solid surface that you can work off. Find the adjustment screws in the eye level and adjust the bubble till it says that what you already know to be level is level to it. Next with the laser level or transit still set up, check another target in a different directiopn and see if its still on, just to be sure.

mitch504

Are y'all talking about a hand level?

Geez, I looked after this came up and realized this is post# 1000. Shoulda used it to torture somebody.

Ok, back to levels.

Last edited:

grandpa

Are y'all talking about a hand level?

Geez, I looked after this came up and realized this is post# 1000. Shoulda used it to torture somebody.

Ok, back to levels.
Congratulations on the 1000 post mark... hand level from your era...eye level from ours...bwah ha Maybe we should refer to a Hand/eye level.

Tinkerer

Here ya go !

ADJUSTMENT
On a level surface set up a stable stand or tripod at eye level 15’ to 20’ from a vertical surface such as a wall. Place hand level on stand and use a tape to measure from floor to middle stadia line in field of view.
Mark a target at the same height on wall. Tilt hand level slightly up or down until the middle stadia line is level with target. If the bubble is not centered within the upper and lower stadia lines,
unscrew the objective cap assembly and use a flathead screwdriver to turn the adjusting screw.
Turn adjusting screw clockwise to lower bubble, counterclockwise to raise it. Replace objective cap and check adjustment. Repeat process until the bubble is centered when middle stadia line is level with target on wall.
Note: This is a basic adjustment. For a more accurate adjustment hand levels may be sent to the
factory.

If you need more info , here is a link to the whole procedure

http://www.krinc.net/17770/Kuker--Ranken-Hand-Levels.html

Mrpush

Hi, i have a vintage kuker with only a single line in the sight glass level.

What is level, top bubble below or splitting the line? Which is level?