• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cable/ winch assist machines

Scrub Puller

Yair . . .

Interesting stuff and probably a couple of the best promotional vids I have seen, highly professional and a cut above a lot of stuff on Youtube . . . the drone technology has come a long way.

Thanks for posting Plebian.

Cheers.

gtermini

I've seen a yoder dragging equipment up a steep cut, but the operator hadn't run down to the bottom on purpose. lol

Greyson

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I've heard that the concept is being talked about for here. The concept is interesting but I'm sure the government will want to put their $50 an hour into anyone willing to try it.

NZLOG

Occupation
Logger
D85 Winch dozer...

Attachments

• 20140516_122259[1].jpg
    20140516_122259[1].jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,589

NZLOG

Occupation
Logger
Self leveller attached to two cables...

Attachments

• 20140521_162703[1].jpg
    20140521_162703[1].jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,556

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
Eric Krume @ Summit Machinery and Attachments has designed a tethering system that is in use now.
It is paired with a Tigercat 855.

Jumbo

Occupation
retired
While that bucket never seemed to move on that excavator, I think having a blade buried would give me more of a warm fuzzy feeling as I broke over the edge.

Plebeian

Madill cable assist with Tigercat 870c feller, Link Belt heel boom shovelling, excavator processor on roadside.
Should there be two machines shovelling to keep up with the Feller Buncher?
Could a plain grapple shovel faster (less weight in the boom) than the heel boom Link Belt that has more weight extended on the slope?
A dual bogey Tigercat skidder or clambunk (even some self loading crane forwarders) could pull most of that terrain or are the enviromental rules so strict in the logging area that this terrain can only be track machine shovelled or cable logged (heli uneconomic)?
https://youtu.be/Ria0Bmdka9M

Could try bulldozer/ excavator tether machine, Madill felling/ bunching, Tiger cat shovelling and Linkbelt- shovelling/ fleeting/ loading and processor base - (processing/ loading)

Last edited:

dirty4fun

Great videos of machines working in on some steep slopes, the last video helps understand how it all works. Thanks for sharing.

Plebeian

One of the newer Tigercat LS855C (Tier3 Cummins, upgraded hydraulics) - near Dargaville, NZ - trees up to the 8800 lbs/ 4000 kg range. Connected to Hitachi ZX280 winch machine on steeper terrain.
https://youtu.be/mTW7lfMKYCE