• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cable Spec

Toolslinger

The time is about here (well it's long past, but I digress) to replace the lift cable on my B&E H3. The manual calles for 180' of 8x19 IWRC spin resistant 1/2" rope. I don't recall if it was IPS, or EIPS steel, but regardless the question will remain...

Technology has progressed since the spec was written back in 1965 for the machine... I've read some less flattering things about the 8x19 IWRC construction. Just curious if it's been suplanted by something else. There's no problem getting what the spec calls for, just thought I'd see what the experienced folks had to say.

The vast majority of any picks I will do would be a single part line. I can do 2 part, but I haven't come up with the correct block yet, and I really don't have much reason to go up in to that weight range anyhow. This obviously isn't a machine doing commercial work, so I'm not as concerned with following the spec if there's a better option.