1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Cab over

Discussion in 'Trucks' started by cuttin edge, Mar 22, 2020.

1. RollOver Pete

RollOver Pete Senior Member

Operating Engineer/mechanic
    Here's something you dont see every day..
    Spotted this one at the Loves in Coachella. 20160722_153755.jpg 20160722_153710.jpg

2. RollOver Pete

3. RollOver Pete

4. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

fry cook
    That's a nice looking rig RollOver. I remember the first time I went to California in 1969, I thought someone needed to get after them palm trees with a chain saw.

DMiller and RollOver Pete like this.
  5. petepilot

petepilot Senior Member

I bet I`m the only one here who can truthfully say I have been snowed in in indio.

DMiller, RollOver Pete and Truck Shop like this.
  6. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

fry cook
    Well if it's going to be strange it's going to be in Indio.

DMiller and RollOver Pete like this.
  7. petepilot

petepilot Senior Member

you would sure have to have a good pilot crew to get any where with that set up

Truck Shop and DMiller like this.
  8. petepilot

petepilot Senior Member

winter of 67-8 I think 35 inches of snow on the scale at banning all traffic stopped both directions

9. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    Lucas Definitely Prince of Darkness!!!

10. Pops52

Pops52 Member

part time lowbed driver "retired"
    I started reading this thread last night and it sure brings back the memories. Cabover KW, CP steering, CA 111 and 86 that would chip your teeth they were so rough. And the mid 50's Freightliner. Truck Shop, I spent the first couple years of my career in one like that. But it didn't look like that! This 11 axle set-up looks to be two different decks joined together in the center. Early 80's Cozad in front? and not sure about the back half.

11. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    Was a weak backed 8664 with a roof mount AC Condenser that curtailed much of my career as a mechanic. Struggled nearly 20 years with incessant untouchable pain that seemed to go away(ignored) if I stayed busy and off a mattress. Built drugs resistance quite rapidly early after the accident, gave up on not cutting the pain and locking my turds down tight INSIDE so just stopped usage of the Demerol then Opioids they had me on. Surgery on that mess occurred in '17, Doc could not do all that much with it yet eliminated some of the pain.

Shop clown and practical joker was going to give me a ride, got hold of grab handles and rocked the cab just as I went to stand up and get off it. Came down a little faster than expected due to refrigerant oil everywhere on roof skins from destroyed core I had just swapped out(cab would not raise, typical garbage pump).

Pops52 and Truck Shop like this.
  12. RZucker

RZucker Senior Member

Mechanic/welder
    Is that guy still breathing? Worked with a moron once that liked to shake the Geni-lift while you were trying to TIG weld pipe in the rafters.:mad: I set up a trap that nearly electrocuted him... End of that crap. :D

13. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    Guy felt really bad, worked with me nearly everyday rehab, quit the shop and went back on the family farm with his wife and kids. I dare say he was not a problem as to joking around after. I was back at work in just over three months, and shortly after laid off with a quarter of the garage, seems we were making MORE money than the company owner working the Flat Rate system. Soon after that Midwestern sold the entire mess off to Lend Lease, where today nothing exists but the old main office.

Mother Deuce, RZucker and Truck Shop like this.
  14. Tenwheeler

Tenwheeler Senior Member

Did you know Lend Lease Bob? He had red hair.

15. Truck Shop

Truck Shop Senior Member

fry cook
    Years ago i worked with a duffus like that, he would bring a bama pecan pie to work with him and set it on his tool box-when ever anyone passed by they would stab it with a greasy screwdriver!

Mother Deuce, DMiller and RZucker like this.
  16. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    Never knew of McNamara until after a few years of his adventures reported at Gelco, evidently he was quite a piece of work!

Truck Shop likes this.