• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

C9 Cat engine performance without FLS, FTS and injectors trim code programmed

Pep Joe

Occupation
Heavy equipment technician
What is engine performance without FLS and FTS codes programmed and without injectors trim codes programmed?

Am asking cos today i connected a Cat ET to a C9 (sn:thx00719) and found they were not programmed. Engine working fine but has active codes for the none programmed parameters. the engine is used on D6R sn WRG00195.

Need advice on if i should leave the Doxer like that or get the codes and do the programming.
Thanks

Cmark

Depending on your version of ET, you may be able to reprogram them yourself. However, be prepared for it to happen again. The problem isn't uncommon and is a symptom of a failing ECM. Once it starts occurring, I've never let it go on long enough to find out if it leads to a failure.

Pep Joe

Occupation
I know i v
Depending on your version of ET, you may be able to reprogram them yourself. However, be prepared for it to happen again. The problem isn't uncommon and is a symptom of a failing ECM. Once it starts occurring, I've never let it go on long enough to find out if it leads to a failure.
Sure i know i can program them on my own but want to know the effect on if i don't. thanks

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The effect of not programming FLS & FTS on power & torque could be significant. Injector Trim Codes not so much.

Is the plate still on the valve cover with the FLS/FTS values for that particular engine on it.?

I agree with Cmark that the values showing as Not Programmed is a likely indication that the EPROM chip in the ECM is failing.

Pep Joe

Occupation
The effect of not programming FLS & FTS on power & torque could be significant. Injector Trim Codes not so much.

Is the plate still on the valve cover with the FLS/FTS values for that particular engine on it.?

I agree with Cmark that the values showing as Not Programmed is a likely indication that the EPROM chip in the ECM is failing.
no, the nameplate not there again but i could get them from SIS in "engine performance specifications". thanks for replies.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
no, the nameplate not there again but i could get them from SIS in "engine performance specifications". thanks for replies.
The FLS/FTS values in the performance specifications are the starting point for dyno testing an engine. On the dyno the numbers are adjusted until the engine turns out both specified BHP & torque. The starting FLS/FTS figures for the 0K6645 Performance Specification applicable to your engine are FLS 26 & FTS -6 (negative 6).

THX00719 left the dyno with an FLS of -41 (negative 41) and an FTS of 80, both of which are significantly different to the specifications.

Pep Joe

Occupation
The FLS/FTS values in the performance specifications are the starting point for dyno testing an engine. On the dyno the numbers are adjusted until the engine turns out both specified BHP & torque. The starting FLS/FTS figures for the 0K6645 Performance Specification applicable to your engine are FLS 26 & FTS -6 (negative 6).

THX00719 left the dyno with an FLS of -41 (negative 41) and an FTS of 80, both of which are significantly different to the specifications.
thanks a lot for this. so helpful!!