• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

C232 skid steer lack of power

UpNorth Mini Excavating

Hi everyone, I have a 2011 C232 that I purchased about 4 months ago and it seems to have a lack of power. When going in the bank of gravel the engine bogs. I have a bobcat 250 which is a wheeled machine but will outperform the c232. Im just checking to see if I’m missing something. Now I have changed all filters and fluids in this machine. It also used engine oil which I determined was the crankshaft seal which was changed. Now the turbo line has a small oil leak which I am awaiting parts. When the machine is switched to two speed, the engine really struggles if not on flat ground. I also noticed that I have some white/blue smoke when the machine forces. The machine runs excellent other than that. Machine starts up great every time. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

skata

Hmm. How many hours on it? Have you pulled the oil cap off to check for blow-by?

UpNorth Mini Excavating

Sorry, I have 1850 hours on the machine and yes I did remove the oil cap and there is very minimal if any. Turbo is turning so Idk what else to check.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
That is not normal for that machine. My guess is the turbo, it may be spinning but it might not be making boost.

skata

You check to make sure no intake pipe came loose, and losing turbo boost?