• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

C15 MXS Conversion Issues

Asa Peterson

Hey guys I'm new here just looking for some help here, i have a 06 peterbilt 379 that has a mxs c15 and i just did a single turbo conversion, i used a borg warner 177148 turbo and a 6nz manifold, i got everything together and it starts and runs Good, has about 80 psi of fuel pressure, the issue I'm having is it only wants to make 20 psi of boost, i had the iva delete done and i backed all of those off and plugged the oil galley that feeds them, also unhooked the iva oil pressure sending unit, i have no check engine lights at all, anyhow it is turned up to about 580-600 now and i know 20 psi boost is to little for that and i have plugged the wastegate, checked cac and boots for leaks, it fuels hard till it hits 20 psi and then just stops fueling, BUT I was driving it around and shifted into the next gear and all of a sudden it had full fuel and made about 38-40 psi in boost but then i shifted again and back to 20 psi it went and i can't get it to full fuel any more than that one time, side note i took the resistors out of the boost wire that i had in there before any help is appreciated, some people have told me to try boost sensors it just threw me in a loop when it did full fuel that one time and made 40 psi any help is so so appreciated

Asa Peterson

I also have the coolant diverter valve solenoid unplugged if that matters i haven't tried hooking it up to see if that changes anything i will first thing monday