1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

C13 Cat/Peterbilt...low current on all 6 injectors

Discussion in 'Trucks' started by DslDrew27, May 23, 2020 at 8:32 PM.

1. DslDrew27

DslDrew27 Member

C13 KCB prefix
    out of the 10 or so times i cleared codes and started fresh, i got the primary loss of speed signal twice, and all 6 injectors come up low current, every single time. codes only come on at high rpm, say 1800 to 1900
    new set of fuel filters, new crank sensor, cam sensor coming on tuesday.
    Ran out of bucket straight from transfer pump, so not sucking air. still getting same codes.
    haven't pulled valve cover yet to check wiring, but from what i understand there isn't a single common wire.
    gotta be a broken or loose wire or connector, or ECM issue.
    Any help is appreciated.
    thanks.
    Drew

2. Nige

Nige Senior Member

Try the attached porocedure and see where it takes you.......

Attached Files:

• Doc.pdf
      File size:
      234.4 KB
      Views:
    DB2 likes this.
  3. RollOver Pete

RollOver Pete Senior Member

Operating Engineer/mechanic
    Check all and I mean all of your grounds.

4. Mark250

Mark250 Senior Member

heavy equipment technician
    Disconnect P1 connector from ECM and check that you have good power supply to pin # 48,52 and 53
    Also check that you have good ground at pin # 63,65 and 67
    you must check with P1 disconnected to ECM because they are connected by an internal buss bar

upload_2020-5-24_9-9-37.png
    upload_2020-5-24_9-20-32.png

5. DslDrew27

DslDrew27 Member

Thanks for the replies. I’ll let you know what I find out on Tuesday, hopefully I won’t get interrupted too much. Road calls seem to be picking up in frequency.... had one on Friday, air compressor discharge discharge line, thankfully it was 20 minutes from the shop. The 100 mile one way road calls suck!