• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

C12 Extec jaw crusher - electrical problems

Casy

I'm having some major issues with my electrical system, first thing in the morning everything starts fine, start back up for lunch and the jaw will not start back up, meaning when I push the "jaw on" button the green light comes on but the jaw will not move, the main conveyor and the feeder come on just fine. Another thing is when I travel the machine, the tracks will stop and start on there own while you are pushing the travel buttons, after a few times of that the tracks just stop altogether, usually after about 45 mins to an hour of turning the engine and batteries off it will track again for 5-10 mins if were lucky. We replaced several small solenoids but no help. Today we went to fold the wings down, lift the main conveyor up and fold the side conveyor up and not a single thing worked without shutting everything down again for 45 min, we got the wings folded down and then nothing...nothing worked again. I'm sure there is no "one fix all" to my problems but hopefully someone has experienced some of these issues and can lead me in the right direction, Thanks

gilraine

Ours has been a wiring nightmare. the original harness was very poorly made and protected. we have almost completely rewired it by now.

Casy

Well so far we had to replace the accumulator and valve, that has worked for the problem we were having, I can see that a lot of other valves will need to be replaced as well.