• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

C A attachment 4in1 bucket

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
I saw an add on Craigs list for a Clamshell bucket for a skid steer for sale. The owner posted it for 625.00 I emailed him and he was selling off some of his stuff. He told me he would hold it for today so I went down there to look at it. It was in good shape, the bottom fit all the way across good not even a little off. The paint was only scratched off the lower 3 inches of the bucket. The pins were also all tight. The fellows said the qiuck tatch had been modified a bit to fit a rented Compact articulated loader. THat was a bit scabbed but I will cut all that off Monday. Im not familiar with CA attachments, it looks well made with 3/8ths metal. It has the 2 layer formed Apron, and the mold board also has a bolt on edge.

It wil lbe a little big for my 1840 Case Looks like the bucket that came with my Case. its also the same width as my original bucket. Now all I got to hunt down is an Auger and build a screen bucket.

jca57jd

taylortractornu, You found a steel man. CA attachments are by far the best buckets i have come across to this day. If we are talking about the same manufactorer then the bucket should have yellow cylinders? i bought my third bucket from them about a year ago. Its a 78" i think and i paid 1800 for it and that was almost at my buddys cost for it. They are located in Lenoir NC. Here is ther website http://www.calmfg.com/ let me know if its the same manufacture!

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Yellow cylinders and all. I never had seen CA before thanks for the link. Its 5.5 feet. I really like the formed apron and the 2 plates. I want to get the modified coupler off. I think they used it to lower the blade further into the ground because his larger loader had larger tires than the rest. I tried it a bit today for fit and it wouldnt let the arms rest on the frame stops. On my little Case I want them to fit because Id hate to break or bend an arm.

I hope to get the mounts reworked this week and figure out how the lines were held in place. On your 4 in1 does it sit flat againgst the loader stops and does the blade make good contact with the ground.

jca57jd

Yeh im using mine on a bobcat t190 and my arms do go all the way to the frame. Now as far as the blade cutting while its open goes, based off of the way they design these you controle the ground contact by the tilt. However i can see wear your comming from cause of the loader height. you should be good if you cut that plate off and take the top lip hight of your quick attach plate on your machine and then reweld a new plate on the bucket at that hight. I ran into this same problem on one of my ca buckets. I had to modifie the hook up hight for my old new holland l555. hollar at me if i can help you anymore!

diggerdave1958

I picked up this 4 in 1 bucket a couple week ago for cheap and have only done a little work on it and seem to be working fine but does anyone have any idea of the make of this ???? Thanks oh and i check there is nothing on the bucket to let me know who made it :Banghead

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 477
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 476

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Thanks jca57jd, I carried it to work with me today when it was raining and between lodas I would cuct and grind on it a bit. Its all cleaned up except for a few minutes grinding. I was just gonna take the added on parts that had been welded to it bu saw he had moved them out a few inches. Plus they were off a bit. I already has some mounting pads I made from some T1 plate for a blade I was gonna use. I ll post a few pics tomorrow.