• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bye bye air bags hello hendrickson walking beams

workshoprat92

Yes the pusher is a steerable lift axle. It gives me an extra 12k in capacity. I licence my truck for 66k. The truck empty weighs about 24k. I can put 20 to 21ton load in it and its real comfertable. At that weight its legal gross,tire rating, axle rating, plated weight rating. I think they could still hammer me on bridge though. I dont think there are to many trucks that are 100% leagal. That just seems impossible and entirely impractical!

workshoprat92

Yes the pusher is a steerable lift axle. It gives me an extra 12k in capacity. I licence my truck for 66k. The truck empty weighs about 24k. I can put 20 to 21ton load in it and its real comfertable. At that weight its legal gross,tire rating, axle rating, plated weight rating. I think they could still hammer me on bridge though. I dont think there are to many trucks that are 100% leagal. That just seems impossible and entirely impractical!

AllDodge

My Brother in law hauls hard woods and he over loads his truck every time. Says he gets caught once every other month and cost him $500. Still does it because if he doesn't he doesn't make any money

workshoprat92

Ok now for the next problem. Got my final paint done yesterday and did some touch up this morning.

Had it chained up and lifted with track loader to get it off the block and put tires on. Figured while i got it lifted and its easy to get to id grease the walking beam trunion bushings. Rolled out the grease gun hose and commenced to grease. Figured heck ill get the s cams to while im here. While greasing the s cams it was pumping grease into the drum. So i got some tires on it and got it back in the shop. Took the rh rear apart and sure enough the s cam seal by the slack adjuster was installed with the seal in. Now this is just flat wrong to what i know. Both seal lips on the s cam are supposed to be pointed inward to tje center of the truck. The way this was when you grease it just builds pressure and blows the s cam side seal out and pukes grease into the drum. The slack adjuster seal is supposed to have the lip facing out so the grease moves twords the slack adjuster and out and not into the drum. Clear as mud right?
Ok so here is the big question. On meritor axles has anyone ever seen where they install the seals with the lips facing one another? The reason it gives me cause for question is that these axles are out of a 2006 and are much newer than what im used to. They are set up with the million mile u joing and slip yoke that dosent even have a grease zerk. Makes me wonder if they were trying something similar on the s cam? I notice the bushings are metal and not the usual plastic. Also there it another 1/8" npt spot with a plug in it. I am wondering if your supposed to install seals with lips facing one another and then remove the plug when you grease. Has anyone ever seen anything like that? I have a hard time beliving someone before me screwed up the seal install. Thats such basic fundamentals but i guess it could happen!

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
We have a twin steer western star. You can't get enough weight on the front axles to handle your gross weight. He has has a highlift tailgate. and when he opens it up, you could park a skidd steer behind the pile in the box. They claim that the best setup for that truck is to haul a pup.