• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Buy the flatbed with knuckleboom, or dump without knuckleboom

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Fire truck 2.jpg Faceless.jpg My first was A Chevy C65.

White Truck.jpg

It came with a rack dump, a very versatile unit! It was built with GM 366 tall block motor. Had problems with holding timing. On the advice of a mechanic, I decided to rebuild the engine. My engine rebuilder felt it was a shame to rebuild a 366. He contributed a 427 block to rebuild. It was 5 speed Eaton with 2 speed Eaton rear. Uphill, or down it was lower gear all the way. It drank gasoline!

I now have a fire truck low mileage. I took the radiator out for recore, had a mishap when a hood cable released unexpected, so the grill is out for repair at the moment.

You probably need CDL to drive it. If you will tow a trailer over 10,000 LB rated you certainly will. The air brake question is a tough one. If I interpret correctly, in my state, under 26000 LBS no air brake endorsement needed.

Last edited:

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Still available, would check with your tire suppliers. May also need the later Washer flange nuts.

22.5x6.75 White Steel 10x8.75" (Old Chevy 2 Ton Trucks) – Buy Truck Wheels

675216-1_110x110@2x.jpg

Last edited: