• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bunch of pics

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
Cleaning out the memory stick from the last month and heres what I have found...These are of the Rogers 50 ton after we stripped and sandblasted it, re painted, LED lights and redecked, CL713 tractor and powergrid on it

Attachments

• equip easter 001.jpg
    equip easter 001.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 2,306
  • equip easter 002.jpg
    equip easter 002.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 2,297
  • equip easter 003.jpg
    equip easter 003.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 2,293
Last edited:

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
These are just some pics I snaped at the mack dealer, two granites

Attachments

• equip easter 020.jpg
    equip easter 020.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 2,297
  • equip easter 021.jpg
    equip easter 021.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 2,282
  • equip easter 022.jpg
    equip easter 022.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 2,270

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
these are of the D6H after the repaint, gave it some updated black and some red stripe

Attachments

• equip easter 024.jpg
    equip easter 024.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 2,262
  • equip easter 025.jpg
    equip easter 025.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 2,260
  • equip easter 026.jpg
    equip easter 026.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 2,246

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
Pics of a D4h after paint and rebuilt...red stripe again for a newer look and some added lights...second 2 on the tag along

Attachments

• equip easter 030.jpg
    equip easter 030.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 2,240
  • equip easter 038.jpg
    equip easter 038.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 2,222
  • equip easter 039.jpg
    equip easter 039.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 2,219
Last edited:

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
Pic of our 345, well the boom atleast, and some new shovels at HO Penn the cat dealer in our area

Attachments

• equip easter 027.jpg
    equip easter 027.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 2,207
  • equip easter 033.jpg
    equip easter 033.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 2,192
  • equip easter 032.jpg
    equip easter 032.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 2,203

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
pics of the tractor with the Talbert neck on

Attachments

• equip easter 036.jpg
    equip easter 036.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 2,197
  • equip easter 037.jpg
    equip easter 037.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 2,186

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
pic of our new Chieftan 2100 and some of the newly painted Cs 563c on the trailer waiting to head out...that wraps it up camera is now empty finally

Attachments

• equip easter 040.jpg
    equip easter 040.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 2,194
  • equip easter 041.jpg
    equip easter 041.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 2,170
  • equip easter 043.jpg
    equip easter 043.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 2,169

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
nice

Cool photos all around.:thumbsup Your company does a good job of repainting their machines. It's also nice to see that other people take pictures of equipment:yup Company I'll soon be working for just got a 365c for one of our pipe crews and 3 345c's (one is on another thread already), but I think our Cat's mostly come from G&R. Where are you from?

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
Were in Connecticut...we used to do quite a bit of water and sewer, now mostly when its part of a job is the only time we touch it....yea that 365 is nice wish we had a use for it, definatly would be a cool machine to run I bet.

Grader4me

Nice pictures...just curious, and I am sure others have noticed...should they be using four individual chains and binders when securing the dozer and roller?:confused: If one binder comes undone you lose the security of the whole back or front end. I don't know the laws pertaining to this in your area, so maybe this procedure is okay?

Nice to see pictures so we can pick them apart right?:wink2

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
The DOT doesn't as much care about how the chains are put as much as how many chains you have and that your binders match the chains etc. With our 345, for example we use 10 chains, the rollers and D4 for example 2 chains. Its all hard to understand the regulations unless you get pulled over which we have and gotten fined which we have and told what is the right way...so basically what I am saying is its the number of chains and their capacity for each load, more weight, more chains.

They really don't care where you put them to be honest as long as they are there and rated with tags......anyway there are variables to this, for example loader backhoes, 1 for each tool and 2 for the tractor itself....thats where it stands in CT anyway after a long learning experience.......

oh and my if dad saw me putting more than 2 chains on any machine moved on the tag along he would kick my a** ......for taking too long

so i hope in a round about way that cleared it up somewhat....

Grader4me

Thanks for the info:) sounds like you learned from the school of hard knocks:yup
Anything that we haul (mostly backhoes, rollers and the occasional grader) are secured with four chains and binders. Proper grade chain with proper size binders.
We also chain the main boom down on the backhoe as well. Laws are a little different here I guess.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Nice, I wish I could find a good company that cares that much for there equipment, but I don't like to paint.

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
Painting adds a lot of value to the machine, but not as much as good preventative maintenance. When our machines go in for paint, they also get everything else done that is needed, may it be an oil change or filters, etc. The guy that repaints our machines does a top notch job, though I'm not sure if we use Cat paint or not... all the machines that get repainted get sandblasted first, and the yellows tend to be really close, but not quite cat.... as you can see by the photo with two D8's...

And here is one of our older A30c's after it's paint job... the 8 behind it was next in line.

-Jim

Attachments

• AICatD8small.JPG
    AICatD8small.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 2,114
  • AIVolvoA30c_repaintsmall.JPG
    AIVolvoA30c_repaintsmall.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 2,103

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
nice pics....yes agree on all maintance being important...we spend a lot of money on maintance but we get a lot of hrs too....that D4h has 16,000 hrs, our 235 has 26,000 hrs, everything gets a work out but we treat it very well

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
2004F550 said:
pic of our new Chieftan 2100 and some of the newly painted Cs 563c on the trailer waiting to head out...that wraps it up camera is now empty finally

The paint guy would be pleased to see that chain across the back of that compactor scuffing up his work.!!
Nice looking equipment there,makes me want to get back to work again.Ron G:wink2

xkvator

peterrp said:
Nice pictures...just curious, and I am sure others have noticed...should they be using four individual chains and binders when securing the dozer and roller?:confused: If one binder comes undone you lose the security of the whole back or front end. I don't know the laws pertaining to this in your area, so maybe this procedure is okay?

Nice to see pictures so we can pick them apart right?:wink2
I thought it's four chains(min.) if the equip. is over 10K

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
Yes the compactor is illegally chained the back end should have been cross chained the way that is chained now the machine can slide side to side. The DOT around here seen that hello your asking for a violation fine. Once the DOT spots one thing wrong they keep searching your wallet will be considerably lighter.

MVFD

You guys are talking about chains..

Well if the machine desides its coming off... it doesnt matter what you have straping it down.. a 345 could snap those chains if the weight shifted quick enough. IE swerving to miss a car. Its just a comfortthing really.

Here in BC while they move the Madills and other foresty equipment they dont secure them at all while on the logging roads. They have a theory that if the machine falls off its safer to have it fall off and go by it self then to take the trailer and truck with it, killing the driver as well. We have some pretty steep and counrty on the island. when they hit pavement they are required to chain them down. but other wise no chains on any of it.

When I first saw that my jaw dropped then it was explained to me by one of the big wigs, and it all made sense. atleast theyd rather see the machine roll down a canyon insted of the driver...