• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Building a 48" clean up bucket

Danny Steel

Occupation
Farmer/Landscaper/Welder/Fitter
Great hearing u r making progress. My projects really still on paper....
I bought two way diverted manual valves for my mini, then u don't have disconnect thumb to use tilt bucket. Just turn valve. You might want remove valve handles as they stick out and get hit/broken. Cost was reasonable...$60 each plus misc fitting and set of quick connects. Made life much easier.
They were special order that took couple weeks. But worth the wait.

My paper work is a sheet of 1/8" plate and a stick of soap stone....I hope to learn solid edge some day, Cad just cant click with me. Any way that a good I dea with that valve to run the thumb as well... yaa got me thinken now LOL... HOLY SMOKES I have already found a hyd motor for my next project and the snow plowing has started.
I may just take the thum off... It will be less weight on the end of this riggens and that will be needed after i;m done
Its getting heavy...good thing I keapted the bucket light.

Danny, I have the new quick attach ears template if you need one for a kx 121-3.

Thanks but Its purty easy for me to trace the ears off my old bucket....This time I'm going to cut some extra sets my auger is going on this Kubota tis spring...plus something else....

Danny Steel

Occupation
Hey guys,
I had some time to work on the beast today
Every thing is put together and welded:drinkup
I still need to burn the holes for the keeper pin on the QA ears
I should have done that before I welded the darn ears on.
I'm just wait now for the ears to cool off then I will take the
keepers out, blow the the pin holes, get the machine close to the work bench
and pick it up. I already have some hoses made up, but I just guessed at the size
If there too long or too short I will use them some where on another project.
Any way were getting pretty close to paint and hydraulics

Attachments

• IMG_0444-001.JPG
    IMG_0444-001.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 628

Danny Steel

Occupation
Im using old track pin stock fro a 318 Linkbelt
after you turn it down its like brand new and 0 dollers:D

Attachments

• IMG_0407-001.JPG
    IMG_0407-001.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 631

Danny Steel

Occupation
The bucket is done

I now have the bucket on the machine.
And its working good.
Just needs a paint job and I can call it a done deal

I will try to get a video when the paint is dry

Attachments

• Tilt bucket 070.JPG
    Tilt bucket 070.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 583

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
Looks awesome how did it feel in terms of weight?

Danny Steel

Occupation
Looks awesome how did it feel in terms of weight?

It feels better than what I thought, no material in the bucket yet but streatched out at the front of the tracks it feels light to me.
I will soon find out if I load it up with muck.
I may move the hoses a bit, one looks like it wants to kink, but thats minor stuff, the paint is going on in the morning and a coat of wax:beatsme then i;m on to my next build:drinkup

nedly05

You are truly an excellent fabricator! I have a short bungee that I tied around my thumb cylinder(hooks removed) that I tuck my thumb lines into when I have my tilt bucket on. I did that after I smashed a coupler trying to store them in the thumb.

So whats the next build????

Danny Steel

Occupation
You are truly an excellent fabricator! I have a short bungee that I tied around my thumb cylinder(hooks removed) that I tuck my thumb lines into when I have my tilt bucket on. I did that after I smashed a coupler trying to store them in the thumb.

So whats the next build????

Thanks, Its been working real good for me, although I havent had the use for the tilt just yet, but this bucket is going to come in real handy in the spring time.

The next build will have a motor on it.

Danny Steel

Occupation
How much will you charge me to make a clone for my 121? I love that thing.

If you were closer I could help you out, but the shipping from here to you would be costly I bet.

I drove by a site this week and there was a 121 with a tilt bucket. It looked to be about a 36".....way too small for that machine.
I havent had my bucket loaded full yet, but thats really not what its ment for...so wide is the way to go, mine measures 47" to the outside grabers.
A 36" would be a good size for the 1-2 ton mini excavators imo.

Ropinghorns

The grade bucket I built [non tilt] is 5 feet long, and I also use it to load trucks since it holds more. Love to have the tilt on it. Those 121 s are great machines.

Danny Steel

Occupation
The grade bucket I built [non tilt] is 5 feet long, and I also use it to load trucks since it holds more. Love to have the tilt on it. Those 121 s are great machines.

Any pics of the 121 and the bucket?:usa

Ropinghorns

I will try to get some pictures of my bucket I made, while you tell me how much you are going to charge me for the tilt option that I can weld onto it.

Danny Steel

Occupation
Some how I dont think the mods will like me too much if I gave you a price on a swing assembly.
Plus you would have me working again:eek: I can actully breath much better now that I only do the odd job in my shop, welding and fitting for many yrs can really pay its toll on a guy.
Lets see that bucket you made:drinkup

Dinger49

Obviously not your first shop project. Looks good. If the T1 wears out, you might consider replacing it with something like AR 400 wihch is an abrasion resistant 400 Brinell hardness steel. Hard enough to wear, but not so brittle that it cracks.

Seaside LPS

Like the bucket you made, great Fab work. Figured I would share mine since mine is on a Kubota as well. I didn't start from scratch like you but started with a Cat bucket from a 303.5 that I got at an auction for cheap. Only took me 2 years!
Picture of what I started with 1093240201.jpg
End result: http://youtu.be/Ey3Htc5B00A