• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bucyrus to Acquire Mining Division of Terex

alco

I'm sure I don't like this! I had been hoping all along that P&H would step up and grab them....oh well. I guess I'll have to learn to like something about Bucyrus.

surfer-joe

For we Americans, it's a welcome relief to see one of our premier machinery manufacturers actually not being sold to some Chinese or Japanese outfit for a change. A good departure from some corporations past practices.

Otherwise, Bucyrus has generally been a solid company over the years. Their machines are built to last and last and work hard and productively. I've had some experience with many of the different units they are acquiring and they are mostly good machines. Most of the types Bucyrus is taking on are niche machines, the same as what they manufacture now. So long as mining stays healthy, so should Bucyrus.

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
For we Americans, it's a welcome relief to see one of our premier machinery manufacturers actually not being sold to some Chinese or Japanese outfit for a change. A good departure from some corporations past practices.

Otherwise, Bucyrus has generally been a solid company over the years. Their machines are built to last and last and work hard and productively. I've had some experience with many of the different units they are acquiring and they are mostly good machines. Most of the types Bucyrus is taking on are niche machines, the same as what they manufacture now. So long as mining stays healthy, so should Bucyrus.

:thumbsup:usa

they sure are selling a bunch of divisions

alco

Their machines are built to last and last and work hard and productively.

The newer BI shovels we have are the roughest, most unreliable shovels we have on site. Our old 395s we used to have were both more reliable, and more productive. I just hope they don't turn the O&K shovels into anything like the 495HFs reliability wise.