• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bucyrus Erie 30B

GOOG

I am looking for a dragline rig. I thought I found what I wanted but didn't work out. I am now being guided toward a Bucyrus Erie 30B HD. I am somewhat familiar with that crane but not completely up to speed on the differences between a 30B Standard, 30B HD and a 30B Super. I'm sure there are people here that do know. I definitely want air controls. I want to be in the 1.5 C/Y range. I have a 50T level deck lowboy and don't want to buy a beam trailer in order to move it. I think that rules out a Super. As I understand it, the Standard is a 30T, the HD is a 40T and the Super is a 60T machine, is that right? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks. - Tom

Operator4100

Good old cranes, 40,50,60,, the 40 ton we used to haul with counterweight still on with a 3 axle lowboy, the 50 & 60 ton cranes we removed counterweights with a portable hydraulic system with 2 cylinders attached to the ears above counterweights, also you could extend the tracks on the 50 & 60 tons only difference is extra counterweight on 60 ton, we hauled them on the same 3 axle lowboy