• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bucyrus 30b dragline and yardage production numbers

Tugger2

Check the oil in the deck sump for water . If theres no water thats a good indication of the machines condition as the the oil is pumped thru all the upper works drive gears and bearings. The clunk in the swing is a sign of wear ,but not uncommon for an older bucyrus my 22B does that when it has sat for a while. . Once the the frictions and drums get polished up from use and you get a feel for it it gets better. Some rpm helps to. Its an old old machine thats how they are . That said ,this one looks pretty good. 30,000 sounds up there , look at auction results on Ritchies and then fight with yourself as to its worth .

fiat41b

Check the oil in the deck sump for water . If theres no water thats a good indication of the machines condition as the the oil is pumped thru all the upper works drive gears and bearings. The clunk in the swing is a sign of wear ,but not uncommon for an older bucyrus my 22B does that when it has sat for a while. . Once the the frictions and drums get polished up from use and you get a feel for it it gets better. Some rpm helps to. Its an old old machine thats how they are . That said ,this one looks pretty good. 30,000 sounds up there , look at auction results on Ritchies and then fight with yourself as to its worth .
thx tugger
here is a 30b super very nice 60,000 its near one of my land clearing jobs so I would like to swing in and at least have a look Super-30-BE-1.jpg

Tugger2

Thats a tidy looking machine that would be nice to have. If you are planning small jobs and moving around id go for the 25B . No tracks to pull in or counterweight to drop . Put a hinge in the 25B boom so it folds and you can walk on the bed with your bucket and your away . 1 load and minimal rig up,thats what i do with my 22B.

fiat41b

Thats a tidy looking machine that would be nice to have. If you are planning small jobs and moving around id go for the 25B . No tracks to pull in or counterweight to drop . Put a hinge in the 25B boom so it folds and you can walk on the bed with your bucket and your away . 1 load and minimal rig up,thats what i do with my 22B.
yea I agree I like that 25b
so there is another machine here in Illinois and its a American 597 and they told me they ran 85ft of boom and 1.5 yd bucket that sounds crazy
as they told me it weigh 70,000 I think the 25b weighs 73,000 according to the book with the kind of boom "think they call it ten something" and 36" tracks ect.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Also be REALLY careful if buy one of those 'Slick Shoe' machines when loading, they slide in a BIG way and in a BIG Hurry when they do. Another thought, when loading, set it the way you want to put on the trailer as DO NOT rotate the house once loaded, plenty of fellas have tried, a few got away with that once or twice, not many machines survived.

Tugger2

I always lay some belting down on bare steel . Anything bigger than a 50 ton crawler has to drop all its counterweight . Then they wont tip backwards and they will crawl on to the bed without standing on end. Loading with counterweight on can be dicy you need to know the machine ,they also want to squat back on the counterweight when crawling on the best of ramps. When i can ill leave an extra 10' section of boom on the heel or even 20' sometimes its not usually a problem with the lenght as we always have a booster on the back end. Keep boomed down low and block the back end of the bed with the front of the bed on the ground . That way you can swing around and come off frontwards ,rattling off backwards can be disastrous too. If the machine has a torque engage it in the direction of travel and leave it there dont try and feather it . you ll roll a bit quick as the slack in the chains and tracks tightens up. Then at a low idle use one of the hoist frictions to stall the torque as you roll off . Go dead slow ,do nothing fast as you tip and you will come off smooth. Saying that, some machines can steer off a bit then just let them roll free,it wont be pretty but but you get off ok. Im speaking from hundreds of trips on and off lowbeds ,seems easy to me . If you cant get some experienced help to load and your concerned run your drag cable thru the fairlead thru a snatch block to the back of the lowbed and pull your self on. Ive done that with poor travelers . Keep your boom low, set some decent blocking to crawl up on and put belting between any bare steel.

fiat41b

well dumb ass me I had a beautiful 75ton 10ft wide and 12ft with out rigger boards 4axle and kw900 4axle sold them not long ago
before I got the trailer all it did was move cranes totally rebuilt Nelson specialized went back to them and put on rotissori blasted inspected painted yellow imron.
truck and trailer weight 62,000
total allowed in Illinois 186,000 I believe all my big excavators had expandable tracks I never change them
once move outward.

Tugger2

That was my brand new F250 in 1977 inside a 14 yd. P&H shovel bucket. A friend and i were working as welders for Finning Tractor in Port Hardy. We had just finished welding a new manganese lip on that bucket ,about 14" thick at the weld. Rolls and rolls of 3/32 stainless wire. I just had to try driving my truck in before we hung the trap door. Ok far enough off topic for now.

fiat41b

Alright back to the little Bucyrus erie 25b
it has 50ft tri ten boom on it total length from rear of machine to tip of boom is 62ft long
whats the best type of hinge set up could you explain how its done would be nice to haul all in one load
thx