• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

bucket teeh

05rammer

I bought a Gel 6640 and it came with a smooth bucket, I really have no use for one. I was wondering if I was better off getting weld on or bolt on shanks to add teeth to my bucket.

lumberjack

I'd rather weld them on than bolt, less likely to cause problems in the future is my thinking... Plus I don't have a mag drill.

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
just make sure that the angle is correct to the ground or you will not be able to carry grade with it. I think that either bobcat or cat has teeth that bolts on the top side of the cutting edge that will keep your cutting angle correct if your cutting edge does not all ready have holes in it you could possibly weld them on but it will be easier and may just as cheap to buy another bucket with teeth already on it and keep the smooth edge to push snow or clean off pavement

PDG X

Occupation
Owner Operator
If you currently have a bolt on edge, take a look at rezloh cutting edges. Simply awesome performance using the 'tooth' side. The teeth are nachined into one side of the edge so it remains the same thickness as the edge. They also have the angles cut the proper way to improve cutting parallel to the bucket.

dixon700

Occupation
heavy truck mechanic
I couldn't get over the $1400 for one for my bucket. I built my own tooth bar with 11 230 series teeth shanks and teeth for about $300

dixon700

Occupation
heavy truck mechanic
Not yet it's one of my many projects I've started and haven't finished yet...