1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Bucket pins

Discussion in 'Compact Track/Multi Terrain Loaders' started by 673moto, Aug 23, 2022.

1. 673moto

673moto Senior Member

Slacker
    How many hours are you guys getting from a set of bucket pins/bushings?
    I replaced mine about 50 hours ago and they are already sloppy?
    What’s the deal? Operator error?

2. JBrady

JBrady Well-Known Member

I changed mine around 1100 hrs on a Bobcat S250. Currently have around 1500 hrs and they are still tight. I am referring to the lower tapered pins. The upper cylinder pins are still original. If yours are wearing that fast, you probably have something else going on like an alignment issue.

673moto likes this.
  3. 673moto

673moto Senior Member

Slacker
    Ok, that sounds like something is really wrong... nothing looks tweaked, I wonder what’s going on?

4. Tags

Tags Senior Member

Are the new bushings loose in the bores by any chance? Seems weird everything would loosen up so fast. We’re they OEM bushings?

John C. likes this.
  5. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    Pins and bushings from the OEMs are kind of a high tech item now days. A lot of metallurgy and engineering go into making them match hardness. They are expensive but I haven't had any luck trying match them up on my own.

6. 673moto

673moto Senior Member

Slacker
    Bushings went in tight (froze them and heated the bore, they pushed in with minimal effort)
    Got them from CAT and they were correct part #.

Everything went together good with zero play.

7. gwhammy

gwhammy Senior Member

Dumb question but are they greased regular?

8. 673moto

673moto Senior Member

Slacker
    Yup. Every time I use it, doesn’t matter if it was used for 1 hour or 8 hours the day before.
    Since I got a cordless grease gun I’ve been using too much grease !