• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bucket pins

673moto

Occupation
Slacker
How many hours are you guys getting from a set of bucket pins/bushings?
I replaced mine about 50 hours ago and they are already sloppy?
What’s the deal? Operator error?

JBrady

I changed mine around 1100 hrs on a Bobcat S250. Currently have around 1500 hrs and they are still tight. I am referring to the lower tapered pins. The upper cylinder pins are still original. If yours are wearing that fast, you probably have something else going on like an alignment issue.

673moto

Occupation
Slacker
Ok, that sounds like something is really wrong... nothing looks tweaked, I wonder what’s going on?

Tags

Are the new bushings loose in the bores by any chance? Seems weird everything would loosen up so fast. We’re they OEM bushings?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Pins and bushings from the OEMs are kind of a high tech item now days. A lot of metallurgy and engineering go into making them match hardness. They are expensive but I haven't had any luck trying match them up on my own.

673moto

Occupation
Slacker
Are the new bushings loose in the bores by any chance? Seems weird everything would loosen up so fast. We’re they OEM bushings?
Bushings went in tight (froze them and heated the bore, they pushed in with minimal effort)
Got them from CAT and they were correct part #.

Everything went together good with zero play.

673moto

Occupation
Slacker
Dumb question but are they greased regular?
Yup. Every time I use it, doesn’t matter if it was used for 1 hour or 8 hours the day before.
Since I got a cordless grease gun I’ve been using too much grease !