• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bucket pin boss grinding question???

Terry R

I have a John Deere 35D and I just bouhgt a new 12" bucket that fits a Cat 303. The pin diameters are the same at 40mm but the distance between the ears is like 1/4" too tight for the Deers 35D stick.
What do guys do take a grinder to the pin boss and grind them back the 1/4" or is there a better wat to make the bucket fit?
Maybe a cut off wheel?
I would have just got a deere 35D bucket but there are none available and really need to use this bucket this weekend

skyking1

it would not make a difference, so grind and polish the 1 side for less work. It would be good to have is smooth. If you can, make room for a hard shim in there to protect the face of the stick.

Lagwagon

I agree get the grinder out and give it to her, I’ve spent hours grinding stuff that should of gone into a professional machine shop but always got the desired result, it just takes time. If your buying disks try get hold of PFERD made in Germany, they are the best by far.