• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Brush Shark

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
That's a pretty kool little "toy".. I can see where it has a use.. but it seems awful limited to the size of brush it cuts..??
I would have to compare the rental cost for that vs a couple of our Spanish speaking friends w/ a chain saw before I committed to it tho.. Lol

DIYDAVE

Yeah, TPG, I'm kinda puttin this one on hold, already have a bush hog and a stump grinder, fer the ASV. Was just lookin around and it popped up on youtube, again. Last night, I did pull the trigger on a new small flail mower, though:

http://www.woodmaxx.com/ProductDeta...-HERwrVTsfuwvAYk_axbgOTkyC9rYZUhoCsxUQAvD_BwE

I like the woodmaxx, cause it has 3 B vbelts driving it, and my newest (18 yr old) Kubota B-2100 can pull it. And while made in China, its engineered in NY, and has a 2 yr warrantee on it, too. also free shipping, and free upgrade to duckfoot hammers, too...

Welder Dave

It's like an oversize sickle bar mower. Why not just have it continuously running back and forth? Somebody wasn't thinking at all about hose routing either. The hoses hanging right in front are just waiting to get mangled.

DIYDAVE

It's like an oversize sickle bar mower. Why not just have it continuously running back and forth? Somebody wasn't thinking at all about hose routing either. The hoses hanging right in front are just waiting to get mangled.

If you go to the website, it says the auto=cyvling valve is an extra...

mx727

The stuff they show the BrushShark cutting are easily cut with a regular brush mower. I don't really see any benefit unless you want to take three times longer to get a job done.

For a little bit more, I got this: http://www.prowlertracks.com/attachment-swing-mower/

It's a bit more versatile, allowing you to reach over to ditch banks and cut overhanging limbs along roads and trails.

DIYDAVE

The stuff they show the BrushShark cutting are easily cut with a regular brush mower. I don't really see any benefit unless you want to take three times longer to get a job done.

For a little bit more, I got this: http://www.prowlertracks.com/attachment-swing-mower/

It's a bit more versatile, allowing you to reach over to ditch banks and cut overhanging limbs along roads and trails.

I was asking if anyone had experience, with that particular attachment. I already have a 4' bush hog type mower, for my asv rc30. Thanks for the suggestion, but that thing looks way too heavy, for my machine...

hosspuller

Looks like it cuts brush well. But it leaves a mess of debris to clean up. A mulcher may be more expensive, but cleans up the debris on site. I've cleared similar land with a chainsaw. Collecting and Getting rid of the debris was the hardest part of the job.