• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Brush Guards / Radiator Protection for dozers

xr4ticlone

Occupation
Trusted Adviser to the Construction World
How many people use them?

I'm trying to gauge the market for a product that I've designed and built for a customer...

I'd be interested in hearing if this is something you'd ever buy or want.

xr4ticlone

Occupation
The design has many benefits...
- It turns down any brush sending it downward away from your radiator...or it breaks it off.
- It pushes into support, making it very strong and durable.
- It's idiot proof to assemble and other than mounting to the blade, even tack welds will work.
- It's very easily customizable. Make center high, or the entire blade high. Make it as tall or short, wide or narrow as you like.
- It's affordable to ship.

xr4ticlone

Occupation
Well, the silence is deafening.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
It looks very nice but around here people tend to build their own rather than purchase a ready built product. The other issue is around here dozers are not used very often for clearing anymore. Excavators with thumbs have taken over that entire industry.

xr4ticlone

Occupation
As a small fab shop owner I like the design. How is the visibility thru the guard? Nice job.

That's one thing it doesn't do well. The slats don't provide much visibility which is why I had them in tiers and lowered them on the sides. This was designed to go into a muni brush facility & protect the radiator as well as increase blade capacity.

For a clearing application where it was also used for dirt work I'd probably eliminate the outsides to increase visibility of the corner areas.

Jeff Rigano

Pretty slick looking. I wouldn't worry about the ends while pushing dirt as you're looking at the bottom of the blade corners for that. What steel are you using?

56wrench

personally I would prefer a smooth extension so material could roll ahead if so inclined. rough surfaces take more power and its surprising how sticks and stumps get caught and hung up in the damndest places. if hung up, sticks and stumps will follow you as you back up from a pile