1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Brush cutter question???

Discussion in 'Compact Track/Multi Terrain Loaders' started by CCW13, May 21, 2016.

1. HRPServicesTX

HRPServicesTX Well-Known Member

Land Management, Fencing, Metal Buildings, Arenas,
    Oh sorry, I wouldn't know about that. Never had to use a brush cutter yet on my machine.

2. KSSS

KSSS Senior Member

excavation

I don't have any great photos of the finished product, I should include that the website. I do have a video of it cutting down some serious grass/brush. If you go to my website and click on forestry you will see the video of the mower, lower left video I believe. That was a 22 acre piece in some places the material it was taller than the skid steer. Finished it in a day, the land owner had seen the finished product on another job and went with the Diamond mower (I bid it at $3500 sight unseen, although I had to mobilize 100 miles round trip to do it). I was concerned after seeing how thick it was, but the mower allowed me to make really good time.

I have not had to replace any blades I have only sharpened them. I am probable getting close to having to buy a set. I have about 250 hours on it, combo light mulching and brush like shown in video.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  3. CCW13

CCW13 Well-Known Member

I'm sure it is. My owners manual was ruined from getting wet when I got my cutter. Someone from Blue Diamond emailed me a new manual but I haven't printed it out yet to read it. Thank you for the answer though and you are dead on about the legal problem lol.

4. pafarmer

pafarmer Senior Member

Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
    Thank you KSSS.....I really like the new website. Very well done. Captures everything you do in detail w/ video's. very professional. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I appreciate it....

5. Tags

Tags Senior Member

I like to refer to that as a "lawyer chain" or "idiot chain". It's just the companies way of protecting themselves. I have no idea how to hook it up on your machine or do I know where or how to hook it up on my Bradco mower and amazingly I've used it without it and I'm still here to tell you about it....:cool:

6. JNB

JNB Senior Member

Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
    You know what they say...there's a daredevil in every crowd. :D

7. Todd v.

Todd v. Well-Known Member

My CID mower had a big D ring on the rear bottom of the deck. Never used the chain and have been meaning to cut the damn thing off because stuff gets jammed in there from time to time and it gets in the way when setting the mower down on the trailer deck.

The Diamond doesn't come with any, it says loud and clear that the mower doesn't meet any safety standard, and it spins faster than any other mower i've used. A little scary till you learn to more or less trust it.

8. CCW13

CCW13 Well-Known Member

Well guys I'm gonna risk it without tonight. Hopefully I'm here to tell you about it later.

9. KSSS

KSSS Senior Member

excavation
    Thanks, it has been a work in progress.

10. digger doug

digger doug Senior Member

Thrash-A-Matic designer
    I believe the safety chain is supposed to be attached to the operators nuts.....:eek: