• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Brooming for milling

Cairoh

Do any of you offer brooming services with your milling. What do you use/prefer? I am trying decide between a mechanical broom truck or the broce MK-1/CR-350 combo.

andoman

Truck with high dump, I've never seen a MK-1, but from looking at it I don't know if it would clean enough, but again I have no experience with one so that's based on a visual.

milling_drum

Occupation
asphalt mill operator (ret)
Plenty of milling companies sweep and mill. Problem is, are any of them near you....

Over the years the BEST pickup brooms ever manufactured and some actually still in use were made by Atheny, those old, ugly Mobile sweepers could pick up nearly everything IF they had a good operator and were well maintained...

Actually had one behind us a coupla weeks ago and the machine was late 80's, did a great job.