• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bridge replacment

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
These two cranes are currently replacing two bridges within about two miles from each other. They are both owned by Inland Crane Inc. out of Boise, Idaho. Enjoy the pictures!

Attachments

• saturday 041.jpg
    saturday 041.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 902
  • saturday 046.jpg
    saturday 046.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 901
  • saturday 051.jpg
    saturday 051.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 914
  • saturday 054.jpg
    saturday 054.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 886
  • saturday 061.jpg
    saturday 061.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 890

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
More pictures.

Attachments

• saturday 076.jpg
    saturday 076.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 885
  • saturday 072.jpg
    saturday 072.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 897
  • saturday 064.jpg
    saturday 064.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 893
  • saturday 074.jpg
    saturday 074.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 887
  • saturday 063.jpg
    saturday 063.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 898

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
The 2nd crane.

Attachments

• saturday 085.jpg
    saturday 085.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 898
  • saturday 081.jpg
    saturday 081.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 880
  • saturday 079.jpg
    saturday 079.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 901
  • saturday 089.jpg
    saturday 089.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 887
  • saturday 092.jpg
    saturday 092.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 893

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
a few more of the 2nd crane.

Attachments

• saturday 093.jpg
    saturday 093.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 887
  • saturday 094.jpg
    saturday 094.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 893
  • saturday 095.jpg
    saturday 095.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 890

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
That's an impressive Demag, oakland. Definitely a heavy lifter. But I must admit, I'm partial to the HC108 Link Belt in the other pics. I loved operating those old Link Belts, and that's a nice looking specimen. ;)

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Atco I know you operated a few cranes in your time but to see lattice boomed cranes as mobiles is only stuff the old timers talk about here.I have never seen a truck mounted lattice boom in nearly 30 odd years every thing here is telescopic now.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Atco I know you operated a few cranes in your time but to see lattice boomed cranes as mobiles is only stuff the old timers talk about here.I have never seen a truck mounted lattice boom in nearly 30 odd years every thing here is telescopic now.

Wow, that's sad that you don't get to see these rigs much anymore stock, they're still quite common here in the states, escpecially old rigs like the HC-108 above. That one is probably a 70's vintage if I was to guess. Those old cranes were built well and can live forever, and, were a joy to operate. :)

td25c

Great pictures oakland.Like ATCOEQUIP said ,they are still a common sight in the states.Contractors will set up a lattice boom crane on site for a long term job like a bridge or building project.The crane stays at the job until it's done ,then they break the boom down & move it to the next job.Hydrauilc cranes are made for short term daily type work as they can set up & break down fast .But the old style lattice boom crane will outlift the hydraulic crane pound for pound in comparison.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Great pictures oakland.Like ATCOEQUIP said ,they are still a common sight in the states.Contractors will set up a lattice boom crane on site for a long term job like a bridge or building project.The crane stays at the job until it's done ,then they break the boom down & move it to the next job.Hydrauilc cranes are made for short term daily type work as they can set up & break down fast .But the old style lattice boom crane will outlift the hydraulic crane pound for pound in comparison.

Amen brother. ;)

And there ain't nothing like sitting in a cab like this. :cool:

Link Belt Cab.jpg

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
thanks for the comments everyone! cranes such as the ones above are very common around here. in fact it is rare to see a large sized hydraulic crane here. their are many old link belt's running around here as well as countless other's here is one i saw today:

Attachments

• vista interchange 022.jpg
    vista interchange 022.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 782

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
That looks like and American Hoist 8460, 165 ton. Probably still of late 70's vintage. They've dropped the outriggers to reduce weight for transport. Those guys have some nice looking cranes oakland. ;)

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
That looks like and American Hoist 8460, 165 ton. Probably still of late 70's vintage. They've dropped the outriggers to reduce weight for transport. Those guys have some nice looking cranes oakland. ;)

thanks, i know very little about cranes. yes they do have some nice cranes. many are older, they take very good care of their machines.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
thanks, i know very little about cranes. yes they do have some nice cranes. many are older, they take very good care of their machines.

I'm glad you posted the pics oakland. Yes, you can tell by the pics they take care of their equipment, which is the way it should be with cranes. These machines may have some age on them, but they were well built. With proper maintenance, they will practically live forever. :cool:

stock

Occupation
Thanks for the memories Oakland,well here they will put in a crawler crane for that type of work. The whole half a day set up and knock down plus job; well they came just too expensive to run, and on a tight site one may not have the luxury of all that time.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
You really need to clean the floor of that crane ATCO. Maybe get the operator a Coco mat for the running board eh? LOL!

LoL, I stumbled across that pic on the internet Lashlander. :D

I haven't been in a Link Belt Speeder cab for years...but looking at that pic makes me wish I was in one once again. ;)

Lashlander

LoL, I stumbled across that pic on the internet Lashlander. :D

I haven't been in a Link Belt Speeder cab for years...but looking at that pic makes me wish I was in one once again. ;)

Tell you what. You ever get to Kodiak I'll let you set in that very one.:drinkup

stock

Occupation
Tell you what. You ever get to Kodiak I'll let you set in that very one.:drinkup

That sounds great! :yup

Does it include Salmon cooked on the charcoal grill? I'll buy the beer. :cool:

I feel let down now guys,I thought real operators would have creek cooled beer with turbo cooked salmon,well in Alaska anyhow.:eek::D:D

You do know how to turbo cook salmon and steaks now folks,don't ya?

An' don't forget da garlic!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I feel let down now guys,I thought real operators would have creek cooled beer with turbo cooked salmon,well in Alaska anyhow.:eek::D:D

You do know how to turbo cook salmon and steaks now folks,don't ya?

An' don't forget da garlic!

LoL, I've had "manifold meals" more than once. :D

I was thinking more along the lines of after working the Link Belt, sittin' by a fire pulling the beer from the creek, and cooking the Salmon on the grill with some Alderwood chips on the coals smoking the fish. All this while, the King crab is cooking in the pot on the fire. Mmmmmm, life is good. :cool: