1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Breaker size

Discussion in 'Compact Equipment Attachments' started by ror76a, Sep 11, 2010.

1. ror76a

ror76a Well-Known Member

I recently aquired a hyd breaker for a 35 (3.5 tn) size excavator, however I don't have a machine that size, my options are a Deere 15 (too small) and a Volvo ECR88 (too big?). My question is would I damage the breaker by using it on the larger (88) machine? Or should I just leave it in the shed untill I get a proper sized machine for it?

2. willie59

willie59 Super Moderator

Service Manager
    A hyd breaker should be properly matched to the machine that will operate it. The most important thing is the hyd flow going through hammer. Excessive oil flow (too big of a machine/pumps) can do bad things to some brands.

3. Hendrik

Hendrik Senior Member

You do have some leeway with breaker size versus carrier size.
    The 1.5 tonne machine should handle a breaker up to 250kg but may well be awkward to use, whereas putting it on the 88 may be a waste of productivity.
    Far as flow rates go, you should be able to find out the specs to see if you can use the breaker on the 88, if you just want to use it for the odd job.
    Make sure if you store it, that it is stored in the upright position.

4. Harry Dart

Harry Dart Member

The Volvo will pump around 90L/m (24 gpm)on the auxiliary circuit, your breaker probably wants only 30-40l/m (8-10gpm) if it's sized for a 3.5T machine. You could slow the flow down on the Volvo, but it's like driving a 1" nail with a sledgehammer. you bend the nail:).

Find the specs on the breaker, (Max-min flow etc), but I agree with ATCOEQUIP, carrier and breaker need to be matched.

5. scrappydoo

scrappydoo New Member

Hi, I want to fit a breaker to my 1999 Kobelco sk40sr. It doesn't have the auxiliary lines fitted so I will need to do this. The owners manual shows the option but I can't find the necessary foot valve and the local importer is no help. I'm in Melbourne, Australia. Any help on how to install the auxiliary circuit will be appreciated.
    Also I don't have enough posts to start this as a new thread.
    Thanks.
    Grant.

6. Harry Dart

Harry Dart Member

Is the main valve under the cab floor, or vertically mounted on the RH side of the machine?.

7. scrappydoo

scrappydoo New Member

from the owners manual it is under the floor.
    Thanks.