• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Brand new Kubota SVL65-2...can't keep the engine running

Welder Dave

Just gave the dealership a piece of my mind. He started off saying that he couldn't get out here, said it was impossible. I asked him how it was impossible and he had nothing to say other than we could bring it to him. So I told him he's been quibbling from the beginning and looking for every excuse to not do his job, and that we'll talk to Kubota ourselves.

If they don't want to fix this, we'll stop paying for the loan on the machine and they can come repo it. We financed it through Kubota so it's their call.

We knew this dealer had horrible reviews before we bought, but they're the only game in town. Perhaps Kubota will be interested in turning this dealership around since they're so awful. We tried to troubleshoot it ourselves to save them the trip, we offered to buy them a plane ticket to cut down on driving costs, and they still won't come out. We said we'd pay their exorbitant travel rate, they're not interested in coming to fix our machine with 28 hours.

So Kubota can fix it or come get their machine. We have no issues with our credit score taking a hit.

Offering to pay for their plane ticket or any travelling charge on a new machine worth over 50K??? Impossible to come out??? It sure wasn't impossible for them to sell it to you. Post the name of dealer if you don't get satisfaction. It was a long ugly post in every way but look in the archives under D6C loss of oil pressure. Basically dealer tried to screw customer, Cat got involved, customers machine got fixed. I'm sure Kubota must have standards for their dealers. If you have listings of other bad reviews keep them for reference. You might be surprised how fast a bad reputation gets around. Contact Kubota directly and stop payment if you don't get satisfaction. Don't wait around, do it immediately!

NoobAsNoobGets

I think one of the experienced mechanics on here could guide you better than I could but I'd have the dealer figure it out if it was my 50K.

I would love to do that, but when the dealer tells us to **** off, I really don't know where to go from there.

We called Kubota and they said dealers are able to make their own policies of if they will service in the field or if they require somebody to bring the machine to them. It's obvious that this dealer does do service in the field when they want to, although they're trying to change their tune now and say it's impossible which it's most certainly not.

We aren't interested in wasting any more time on this though. We told Kubota if they don't fix it we will stop paying for the machine and they will be forced to repo it. We'll see how impossible it is at that point.

Kubota said they will contact the dealer and get back to us.

NoobAsNoobGets

We will certainly change our tone regarding this dealer if they don't fix this issue and we'll share every detail.

Welder Dave

The dealer told you to eff off... after spending over 50K? Wow! I wouldn't think Kubota wants their reputation tarnished because of a legitimate complaint. Call Kubota back everyday if you have to. Where's the next closest dealer? Maybe they would prefer you as a customer? Keep track of all your transactions with the dealer with names, dates and times. I'm sure if it comes to stopping payment they will take it a little more seriously but don't wait a couple month's if it comes to that. I'd give them a week at the most. The other thing you could do if they refuse to help you is have a lawyer draft a letter and see how they respond. It would cost a bit but might make them take you more seriously.

Last edited:

Welder Dave

All the more reason they should be looking after you. With social media in abundance it can be amazing how fast bad reviews get around. Maybe your municipality or local news has a consumer watchdog that helps with customer complaints?

NoobAsNoobGets

I'll save our post-come-repo-it plan until later. But we will go to great lengths to try to ensure they don't get away with it.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
You are certainly in a bind. If you could get it under a trailer where it is parked you could rent a pickup and trailer from Uhaul. They are half tons but certainly capable of hauling a small machine like that. Get it to a dealer, get it fixed and decide what to do after that. Kubota in my view is sketchy on their ability to resolve customer issues, personally I doubt they care one bit about how shady your dealer is. Even if they do take some sort of action, it will likely be months away. You will likely have to decide on whether to keep your end of the agreement on making the payment much sooner than that. A lot of Kubota dealers are dealers who are about convenience, they carry Kubota products because it works with their rental business or lawn products division or whatever, but they are not about doing the heavy lifting that goes with selling equipment like this. The issues with the Dash 2 machines makes this evident. Some Kubota dealers are certainly professionals and we hear about them from time to time on this site. Many however are not professionals. OP you don't seem to interested in telling us what State your in, which is fine but someone here might be able to help, if you were in their area. Turning the machine back while trying to build a house, doesn't sound like a great decision, but perhaps that is what your down to. Maybe finding an independent mechanic to look at it is an option. Cat uses Kubota motors, BC used to use them, certainly there are mechanics that know that motor. Get it fixed and hopefully get reimbursed from Kubota itself if it turns out to be defective. It would be hard not to trade that machine in for something else. No way would I give Kubota one cent after this fiasco. Good luck.

NoobAsNoobGets

You are certainly in a bind. If you could get it under a trailer where it is parked you could rent a pickup and trailer from Uhaul. They are half tons but certainly capable of hauling a small machine like that. Get it to a dealer, get it fixed and decide what to do after that. Kubota in my view is sketchy on their ability to resolve customer issues, personally I doubt they care one bit about how shady your dealer is. Even if they do take some sort of action, it will likely be months away. You will likely have to decide on whether to keep your end of the agreement on making the payment much sooner than that. A lot of Kubota dealers are dealers who are about convenience, they carry Kubota products because it works with their rental business or lawn products division or whatever, but they are not about doing the heavy lifting that goes with selling equipment like this. The issues with the Dash 2 machines makes this evident. Some Kubota dealers are certainly professionals and we hear about them from time to time on this site. Many however are not professionals. OP you don't seem to interested in telling us what State your in, which is fine but someone here might be able to help, if you were in their area. Turning the machine back while trying to build a house, doesn't sound like a great decision, but perhaps that is what your down to. Maybe finding an independent mechanic to look at it is an option. Cat uses Kubota motors, BC used to use them, certainly there are mechanics that know that motor. Get it fixed and hopefully get reimbursed from Kubota itself if it turns out to be defective. It would be hard not to trade that machine in for something else. No way would I give Kubota one cent after this fiasco. Good luck.

We have a machine that won't run for more than a minute or so. It is located on our property that is accessible only by ATV through a one mile ATV trail. We don't own a trailer nor a truck that could haul this thing though we could rent one were we able to get a truck up to it, but that isn't happening.

We'd be fine hiring a third party, but we're concerned about the warranty being voided. If Kubota gives us the green light we'll do that. From talking with the dealer, I'm under the impression they'd void the warranty as soon as they possibly could.

If Kubota won't honor their warranty (they won't even come out despite us paying for it in the unlikely case it's not a warranty issue) then we have no issues stopping payment and watching them come get it. It's up to them. The dealer does service calls, they can certainly do one here, if they choose not to then Kubota can have their machine back.

NoobAsNoobGets

As to their location, we're planning on doing a YouTube video review of our brand new Kubota SVL65-2. There aren't many on YouTube yet.

We had a video camera recording every hour of operation in this thing and we also filmed us doing the required maintenance checks.

Once we hear back from Kubota on if they're going to make good on their product or not, we'll create the video and name the dealer. We just want to be fair when we do it.

Welder Dave

Hopefully Kubota corporate steps up to the plate. Make sure you talk with as high up as you can. It's good to see you are changing your tune from, we will ask the dealer to help to being rightfully pizzed off at them. Fair??? Do you think the dealer is being fair with you? I saw one online for $54,000. The dealer should have an obligation to look after you when you spend that kind of money.

hosspuller

Try a Kubota Corp. contact for help

Jeff Jacobsmeyer - Product Manager (he introduced this machine )
1000 Kubota Drive, Grapevine, TX 76051
(888) 458-2682

Sometimes a personal touch does wonders.

NoobAsNoobGets

Try a Kubota Corp. contact for help

Jeff Jacobsmeyer - Product Manager (he introduced this machine )
1000 Kubota Drive, Grapevine, TX 76051
(888) 458-2682

Sometimes a personal touch does wonders.

Thank you, we'll give Mr. Jacobsmeyer a call. Much appreciated!

NoobAsNoobGets

So we just called that number and tried to talk to Mr. Jacobsmeyer, but we ended up getting a general person from that number and they would not put us through to Mr. Jacobsmeyer. So they pulled up our case number and apparently they had talked to the dealer already as they said they would do yesterday (but did not think to inform us of that fact). Kubota came to the conclusion that they cannot make the dealer provide a service call (even though the dealer initially said they would provide a service call for $125 an hour and we said yes to that, then they changed their mind). So Kubota says the best course of action is for us to have it towed (which is not feasible given our location) or have a third party local person come fix it with no guarantee that Kubota won't void the warranty afterward for having a non-Kubota person touch the machine.

NoobAsNoobGets

So now we're having a lawyer do a review of our warranty before we proceed further with our 28 hour machine.

NoobAsNoobGets

Kubota just called and left a message while we were on the phone. They said they contacted the dealer to tell the dealer we would accept the $125 an hour to travel to us, but that the dealer decided it doesn't have the manpower to help us but will help us over the phone to try to get it running to get it to a road to have somebody truck it to them (of course if it gets running, then we don't have an issue with it).

Kubota said it was our responsibility to get the machine to the dealer.