• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Brakes locked on Caterpillar 216B

03spfld

I’ve got a parking brake light flashing (again) and machine lost movement function and brakes are locked. Has anyone here bypassed the ECM and brakes temporarily, just to get this loaded
On the trailer and to my shop. Thanks

rmllarue91

Occupation
field technician
Don't try and bypass brake solenoid it sensitive could cause ecm or solenoid damage.

03spfld

Yea, seatbelt light goes out. Bucket etc works, park brake light flashes and I don’t
Have any forward or rearward movement.
The ECM is already fried, the bottom of the ECM case is corroded away and has moisture inside board.

rmllarue91

Occupation
field technician
Ohm check solenoid I think it's low amp like 1.5 to jump solenoid with full power will burn coil right out and not help cause... If you jump with power supply from seat bar it might work ? I'd unhook connector and not back feed ecm

03spfld

Finally figured out how to bypass that piece of junk computer. Straight wired the park brake valve and ran power and ground to movement joystick upper solonoid.