• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

brake band/linings for cat 931b

parky123

got the parts and they sent me two sizes of rivits --- a long one and a short one
any idea why?
short ones don't even poke through brake and band
is the rivet tool a special item from CAT or can a guy make one?

parky123

cat wants 20x what I paid for these and more than likely made in Mexico or India with our natural resources at a fraction of cost only to be sold back at this huge price(CROOKED)
they sent enough rivits and liners (made in U.S.A) for both apps
the long ones will do the job
just wondering why the short ones also
don't want to buy a special tool for huge dollar never to use again

Delmer

is the rivet tool a special item from CAT or can a guy make one?

If I were to attempt this, I'd see if I could modify a sickle rivet tool to do the job. Of course I've never seen the Cat tool so...

Outasite

Just done mine "D3B" a month or so ago.Used the long rivets.Take a large flat punch that fits the head of the rivet,put it In a large vise facing up.Set the rivet,band,and lining on,then I used a large roll pin punch the one with a *** on the end,and set it with a hammer.Looks like factory

parky123

what I ended up doing was I used 1 "- 10/32" brass machine screws (my place of employment donated them) doubled nutted and used a dab of high strength lock-tite
worked like a charm

Last edited: