• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Bought a Truck

dsgsr

Occupation
Anything I can make $$ at.
Hey Folks, I just bought a truck '87 International S1800 6X6. Trying to figure out the Vin#. What I can read is ( ENXL 9HH510776) there seems to be 2 or 4 letters before the ENXL. Any idea what it would be. WHY are they upside DOWN???

Thanks,
DaveG

20161203_140126.jpg20161203_140117.jpg

Jonas302

Nice looking truck good job chaining it down so it didn't fall off upside down
Check the title or look for an old cab card or ins paper inside for the vin

bobcat1

Last 8 digits are all you need. This will work for ordering parts at International dealer. They should even be able to run a line ticket for that truck.:cool:

dsgsr

Occupation
Last 8 digits are all you need. This will work for ordering parts at International dealer. They should even be able to run a line ticket for that truck.:cool:

Thanks, What's a Line ticket?

DaveG

bobcat1

The line ticket is the order sheet that would go with the chassis through the assembly plant showing what components are to be added. We keep these on file to reference during repairs and modifications.:)

dsgsr

Occupation
The line ticket is the order sheet that would go with the chassis through the assembly plant showing what components are to be added. We keep these on file to reference during repairs and modifications.:)

Would like to see that. All Ready know that this truck has been altered, Had a 445 engine with a 5+2, changed to a dt466B with Alisson (sp) 4-speed auto.

DaveG

bobcat1

We had a 1980 , S1854 with 446 on propane and vacuum tank. It had the 5 speed and previous owner had put a 4 speed auxiliary trans behind that to split between gears.

DeckPro

dsgsr

Occupation

How would I get this Line ticket? Need to find out the weight rating, nothing on the door jam except the Vin#. A plate inside the cab rear wall from Ashplund (sp) shows 10,115 front axle and 14,200 rear. I thought this tuck would be 33,000 GVW?

DaveG

bobcat1

Take last 8 digits of VIN# to an International dealership parts department and they should be able to bring it up on computer and do a print out.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
I am deeply jealous! My Chevy is about that heavy, but lacks the front axle drive. I spend too much time putting chains on, or towing it.

I thought you must be Australian from your picture. Turns out it's only upside down.

Willie

dsgsr

Occupation
I am deeply jealous! My Chevy is about that heavy, but lacks the front axle drive. I spend too much time putting chains on, or towing it.

I thought you must be Australian from your picture. Turns out it's only upside down.

Willie

:D:D

DaveG

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
My father would have corrected you. This is not a six by six. His view based on USAF this is a 4x4. A six by six has two rear axles. They can be singles, or duals. How correct he was I don't know.

Willie