• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

boom truck found

skyking1

My friend who is building two cabins has stumbled on a 10 ton 57' RO on a GMC with the 8.2

it will be purchased right. We got it started and I was able to operate the crane and check it out.
It needs brakes and tires, but is otherwise OK IMO.
In all likelihood I will do the bulk of the operating for them. Fun times!
Jobs won't happen till next year and I will be at least semi-retired at that time.
the exposed cable is rusty, I think we'll cut it off and terminate it properly. It currently has a clamp on the lifting cable NO NO!
I ran off a wrap and got to nice lubed cable.
The jib will get pulled and set aside. It is only useful for high work and is a 400# deduct. It only has the overhaul ball and no two part, which is totally fine IMO. That little rig is not meant for heavy.

There was a two bottom plow handy so I picked that up and let her hang. It hung an hour with no creep or leaks.

PXL_20230422_222116015.jpg

skyking1

would not be my choice as I believe that 6 in a row is the way to go, but it is what it is. When I pulled the lever it did what I asked.
There was that single axle frame flex I had forgotten about. Just don't get in a hurry and set the job up as a swing show if I can.