• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

boom swing not working right

Palmer78

I have a IHI 35N. The boom swings to the right like normal but when i try to swing it to the left it just creeps real slow. All of the other hydraulics seem to be working like normal. Does it sound like i have a problem in the control valve or does it sound like something else? Any help would be much appreciated.

Tags

I've never run a 35N but if the operation of the swing boom is with a pedal in the cab and the linkage is mechanical and not run through pilot operation make sure that there is nothing blocking the throw of the pedal. Also check the to see if the linkage has come out of adjustment, I would start simple before getting into valves and such.