• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

boom mounted winchs on excavators

ben1

does any one no anything about boom mounted winchs on excavators and how to set them up

Arabhacks

Banned
Occupation
Underemplyed Operator
Winch?!

Hello.

I have never in my life even seen a winch on an excavator.
What is it used for?

ben1

thay use them for logging. but i think one would be good for recovery. I just want to no a bit about them if any one can help me?

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Allied gear works out of Portland Oregon makes all kinds for set up on excavators. I've seen them set up on the booms but the more common set up today involves turning logging shovels into Yoders. They usually have two big drums mounted on the house and a hay wire drum on the boom.

They make them in kits if you are interested.

Eddiebackblade

http://www.landmarc.co.uk/news.asp?id=24

Here is a link to a UK company that runs a successful set up on a CAT 312 with Quick Hitch.
They use the winch as a Safety wire to anchor mowing machines, but such a set up would be easy to copy and have many applications.

I also have my own 13,000kg line pull Superwinch H30p mounted directly to the frame of a Kubota Kx080.
It is mounted so that the cable can run under the machine (via a bar and sliding guide pulley) to pull either end.
It works absolutely brilliantly and does not seem to have a caused any other issues. It also provides a little extra counterweight for flail mowing which is handy.

Eddie

Attachments

• DSC01586.jpg
    DSC01586.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 2,155

oversize

Occupation
low loader driver
Ben1 There is a towing company on the sunshine coast that has 2 excavators of different size that have winch's that are able to quick hitch on and off the boom if you want you can send me a pm and I will give you more details

ben1

winch

http://www.landmarc.co.uk/news.asp?id=24

Here is a link to a UK company that runs a successful set up on a CAT 312 with Quick Hitch.
They use the winch as a Safety wire to anchor mowing machines, but such a set up would be easy to copy and have many applications.

I also have my own 13,000kg line pull Superwinch H30p mounted directly to the frame of a Kubota Kx080.
It is mounted so that the cable can run under the machine (via a bar and sliding guide pulley) to pull either end.
It works absolutely brilliantly and does not seem to have a caused any other issues. It also provides a little extra counterweight for flail mowing which is handy.

Eddie
That looks good how hard was it to set up?